Scheduling a text message can come in handy all the time. Whether you want to remind someone or tell someone about something at a specific time, being able to schedule a text message can save you time and a lot of inconveniences. Fortunately, you can schedule text messages on your iPhone to be sent at a specific time. This article will tell you how to schedule text messages on your iPhone. Follow along.
Schedule a Text Message on iPhone
Unfortunately, if you are looking for a way to schedule a Text message via iMessage, that’s impossible. But don’t worry; you can use the built-in Shortcuts app. The Shortcuts app is a great tool to make tasks easier and simpler. Just follow the steps below to schedule a text message on your iPhone:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Automations tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the + icon at the top right corner of the screen. If you don’t see the + icon, tap on Create Personal Automation.
- From the following menu, select your text message prompt. In other words, select the action or time based on which you want to schedule the Message. For example, you can choose the Time of Day.
- Select the time to send the text message using Sunrise, Sunset, or Time of Day. If you select Time of Day, you can schedule a specific time for your Message.
- Under the Repeat section, choose Daily, Weekly, or Monthly. For example, if you select Daily, your Message will be scheduled for every day at the set time.
- If you select Weekly or Monthly, select the day(s) of the week or month. You can choose more than one day of the week.
- When all is set, tap on Next in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Send Message and compose the text message.
- You will see a placeholder for your Message and the Recipients. Add your message and select the recipients of the text message.
- Once you are satisfied with the Message, tap Next in the top right corner of the screen.
- Review the automation and toggle Ask Before Running on or off, depending on your preference.
- Tap Done.
You can now find your scheduled text message in your Automations tab of the Shortcuts app. If you wish to delete the automation, swipe left and tap Delete. Voila! Your text messages will now send automatically on the set schedule unless you delete the automation.
Scheduling text messages on your iPhone is a helpful tool that can save you time and effort. With the Shortcuts app, you can easily set up automation and schedule messages to go out at specific times, ensuring your messages get to the right people when needed. Give it a try, and you will know how much more efficient your messaging can be.
Read: Ways to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone in 2023