The South Korean Tech Giant Samsung launched the flagship Galaxy S23 series on February 1, 2023. with One UI 5.1. Now the company plans to roll out an incrementally better update than One UI 5, i.e., One UI 5.1. for other Galaxy handsets. Reportedly, the company has been testing the new version (One UI 5.1) with their existing Galaxy S22 series.
Update February 14: One UI 5.1 update is now available for the Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra. The firmware version for the Snapdragon and Exynos versions of the Galaxy S22 series are S908EXXU3CWAI and S90xBXXU3CWAI, respectively. You can install the One UI 5.1 build on your S22 handset by heading to Settings > Software update and tapping Download and install.
One UI 5.1 for the Galaxy S22 Series
According to the leaked reports by Samsung One UI Software Updates, the South Korean firm is internally testing the One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy S22 series. The entire series, which includes Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, and Galaxy S22 Ultra, are taking part in the test for the new firmware version. The firmware version leaked is S90xEXXU2CVL7. Following the iterations made by the company, the first use of the firmware version was done by the Galaxy S23 series.
Old Story Published on January 7 Follows…
One UI 5.1 Features and Customizations:
We are not sure of the actual enlisted features the new firmware version is expected to bring. Still, we have some hints and clues which clearly indicate some of the upcoming features and customization options with the One UI 5.1 update. Below are the expected features to arrive with the forthcoming new version of One UI 5:
- The company will likely add some lock screen customization options with One UI 5.1, which will be based on Android 13-based One UI 5.
- The new media player widget design in the notification area is also expected with the upcoming update.
- A new Predictive Back Gesture, which Google has confirmed to be a default feature from Android 14. It will be available with Android 13-based One UI 5.1. It helps and gives a preview or early note of the result of the back gesture before fully completing it.
- Partial Screen Mirroring is making more ways and customization options apart from regular screen mirroring.
- Minimal taskbar improvements result in refined construction.
- The Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra owners will probably get the One UI 5.1 update by the end of February 2023.
There are no particular dates or rumours about when you will be able to experience the new version of One UI. But we could expect it first on Galaxy S22 series devices after the launch of the Galaxy S23 series. The other eligible devices will be part of the update very soon. Stay tuned for the update on the respective devices!
Samsung is superior to the other Android OEMs available in the tech realm regarding providing updates. The company also led this time by delivering One UI 5 update based on Android 13 to most of their Galaxy devices as soon as possible. Hence, we should expect the same with the new version of One UI, i.e., One UI 5.1.
What are your expectations from the One UI 5.1 update? What features do you want in the upcoming update? Do you like the earlier leaked features of the updated version? Let us know in the comments section below. Do follow us for more exciting news and leaks as we keep updating the post on the regular updates happening in the tech industry.