On January 11, the American Tech Giant released the second betas of the upcoming iOS 16.3 and iPadOS 16.3. Following the same, the iPadOS 16.3 prioritized the developer beta testers. And so, in this article, we will talk about iPadOS 16.3 release date, expected features, and much more. So, if you are interested, read the article till the end. Without any further due, let’s get started!
Following Apple’s iterations, the beta updates arrive one day later than the developer’s Beta. For regular consumers, it takes nearly a month or longer for the stable update to come to their respective devices. By providing the beta softwares (developer and public), the company ensures that they are giving sophisticated software to their consumers.
As the second beta update is out, the registered developers can install iPadOS 16.3 beta profiles from the Apple Developer Center. Unlike iPadOS 16.2, iPadOS 16.3 looks like a minor update to its predecessors. You can judge yourself as we have listed the expected iPadOS 16.3 features below.
iPadOS 16.3 Expected Features
- The iPadOS 16.3 now supports physical Security Keys, which protect your essential Apple IDs and respective documents. With the help of the service, a physical FIDO-certified security key can be used instead of device authentication when signing into an Apple device or a new device.
- The update also includes quickly transferring your favorite song to a HomePod from an iPhone or from an iPhone to a HomePod. You can get additional information about the same in the settings of your iPad.
These were the only two significant upgrades Apple intended to bring with the upcoming iPadOS 16.3 update. Apart from security fixes and stability improvement, the update also expects performance enhancement.
iPadOS 16.3 Release Date
- The official version of iPadOS 16.3 will likely be released in February 2023.
Though iPadOS 16.3 does not offer significant updates compared to iPadOS 16.2, users always want to know the latest updates for their devices as early as possible. With that saying, the actual release date is unsure for now.
But as iOS 16.X and iPadOS 16.X series of updates are going simultaneously, we can expect the launch of both versions on the same day. For instance, the stable iOS 16.3 update is expected to arrive around February 2023. So, as the second betas of iPadOS 16.3 and iOS 16.3 are released simultaneously, the stable launch of both softwares is expected around February 2023.
So, if you are waiting for the upcoming iPadOS 16.3 update, you have to wait a bit more a month to get on your respective iPad.
As the second Public Beta update is released, if you want to give an early try to the iPadOS 16.3, then make sure to follow the below-listed steps to enroll in the process:
- Sign up on the Apple Beta page and register with your Apple ID on your iPad.
- Log in to the Beta Software Program.
- Click Enroll on your iPad device and go to beta.apple.com/profile on your device.
- Download and Install the profile.
- If the notification doesn’t arrive, go to Settings > General > VPN > Device Management and tap on the iPadOS Beta Profile.
- Restart your device. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The update should be waiting for you. Download and Install the Beta version to enjoy the new software on your iPad.
Make a note that the Beta versions are not safe. The company releases them for the developers and testers to check for the bugs and issues available with the update so the team can work with it and resolve the issue before releasing the stable update to the general consumers. You can face many problems, bugs, and issues that will result in massive battery drains, heating problems, etc.
To test the version in all extreme conditions, you should back up your data on a priority basis before installing the Beta programs. Secondly, we suggest you try the second device, which will be a better choice if available.
Are you excited about the upcoming iPadOS 16.3 update? What features were you expecting with the update? Please let us know in the comments section below. You can connect with us, and we will update the article if something arrives for the 16.3 Update. Thank you for reading.