As promised by Nothing, they have just released the Nothing launcher (beta) on the Google Play Store. Presently, the Nothing OS or Nothing launcher has three key features — the wallpaper & style, clock & weather widgets, and max icons and folders. But this is currently available only for a select number of devices. These devices include Samsung Galaxy S21, S22, Google Pixel 5, and later, and some OnePlus phones are also said to get the launcher support quickly.
So, if you have one of these devices, you can try it out now by installing it from the Google Play Store. If you don’t have one of the above-listed devices, then don’t worry; we have a way to install the Nothing launcher on any phone from brands like Xiaomi, Redmi, Realme, Oppo, Vivo, Poco, Motorola, etc. Read more to find out how.
Download the Nothing Launcher XAPK file.
- Copy Nothing Launcher’s Play Store listing URL and open the APKPure website to generate the XAPK file.
- Tap on the Search icon at the top-right corner of the screen and paste the Launcher’s link into the search box.
- Tap on the “Download XAPK” button to download the XAPK file.
How to Install Nothing Launcher on Any Phone?
- Download “APKMirror Installer” from the Play Store. Open the app and click on the “Browse files” option.
- Now, navigate to the XAPK file in the Downloads folder. Tap on the Nothing Launcher XAPK file and tap “Install package.”
- Once APKMirror Installer loads the package, click “Install app” to install Nothing Launcher on your phone.
- Shortly, you will see an installation prompt; tap on “Install” to install Nothing Launcher successfully.
Note: DO NOT open the app just yet. Doing so either resulted in crashes or no response in several tests. Instead, follow the simple steps below to set Nothing Launcher as your phone’s new default launcher.
Select Nothing Launcher as your Default Home App
- Open the Settings app on your phone and navigate to Apps > Default apps. The “Default Apps” location is similar in almost all Android skins.
- Now tap the “Home app” button and select “Nothing Launcher” as the default launcher. You have successfully set Nothing launcher as your default launcher.
- Swipe up or press the home button, and you can now enjoy Nothing Launcher on your phone.
The Nothing launcher gives us a preview of the Nothing OS that will run on Nothing Phone 1. So far, overall, the Nothing launcher seems to be pretty good. It has three cool new widgets — an analog clock, a digital clock, and weather widgets. Personally, the widgets look cool and beautiful. You can also maximize the size of any app icon or folder, which you can add to your home screen.
What do you think of Nothing Launcher and Nothing OS? Would it be an excellent alternative to iOS? And if you’re trying the Nothing Launcher, then share your thoughts on the same in the comments.