Xiaomi is especially known for its customizable UI and various access they provide to general users. Many users wait for the new update for their Xiaomi devices and some of them even want to roll back to their previous OS as they face some bugs in the current OS. Normally users cant rollback their OS on their own. But Xiaomi, who always thinks about users’ choices, launched an official tool known as “Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool”. Let us further explain about the tool.
What is Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool?
It is a tool that helps users to flash the stock ROM with another successor or predecessor OS. In simple words, flash means to erase the current OS with another one. The tool is free of cost and is very simple to use.
When do you need to use it?
If your phone is stuck in the boot loop or you have bugs in your current OS and want to fix it, Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool is the software you are looking for. You can use this software to go back to your previous OS or manually upgrade it to a new OS. The tool comes in handy when a user brick the phone by installing custom ROMs or 3rd party apps.
- Xiaomi Mi comes with inbuilt drives like Google ADB drivers, MTP, Nvidia, Qualcomm, Microsoft RNDIS, USB Serial which means you don’t have to manually search for the desired drivers for the Mi Flash tool.
- You can flash multiple devices at the same time.
- The tool provides three choices viz. “Flash All Except Data & Storage”, “Flash All Except Storage” and “Flash All”. We prefer you to go for the second one.
Things you need to know
- The tool is only compatible with Windows 7 or later.
- The tool only works for Qualcomm based Xiaomi and Redmi devices.
- Devices before Mi 3 are devoid of this tool.
- The developer option must be enabled. To enable, go to Settings> About Phones> Tap on the MIUI Version 7 times.
- You must enable USB debugging. To enable it, head to Settings> Developer Options> Enable USB Debugging.
- The boot loader must be unlocked.
- Your phone must be charged above 70%.
- Backup your files if you want them.
Mi Flash Tool Latest Version Download
|Mi Flash Tool||Download Link|
|Compatible||Windows 7 or Later|
Steps to Install MIUI Fastboot ROM using Mi Flash Tool
- Download the MIUI Fastboot ROM for your desired Xiaomi or Redmi devices.
- Extract the ROM in a location where it is easy for you to find. The extracted file will be in the “.tgz” file format.
- Now turn off your devices and enter into Fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Down and Power button at the same time.
- Now connect your phone with your pc or laptop with the help of a USB cable.
- Open the Mi Flash Tool and click on the refresh button to show your device on the list.
- Now click on the select button and search for the ROM file that you extracted.
- Click on one of the flashing options as per your desire and hit the flash button.
- Once the installation is complete, your devices will reboot automatically and you can now use the device.
Don’t worry the process is completely safe if you follow the steps carefully.
Leave a comment if you have any queries regarding the flash. Let us know if you have successfully flashed your device.
Editor’s Pick: How to bypass Mi account within a few minutes?