Every iPhone comes with a built-in timer feature to take photos. This timer feature lets you choose a delay of three or ten seconds while taking a picture. That means you can capture an image after the shutter button is pressed. This feature can be beneficial when capturing group photos or selfies with several members in one frame. It’s getting straightforward to put yourself in one frame with your other friends with the help of the iPhone self-timer feature.
If you are struggling to enable the iPhone’s built-in self-timer feature, then nothing to worry about. in this article, we will talk about how to set timers on the iPhone camera app. Let’s follow our given instructions below.
Steps to Set Timer on iPhone Camera
- Open the Camera app on your phone.
- Set up the frame for your shot.
- Now, tap the arrow at the top of your display.
- You will see a Timer icon; click on it.
- After that, you will be able to see two options. One is a 3-second, and another is a 10-second timer.
- Choose one between them as per your requirement.
- Now, tap the shutter button and quickly take your position in the frame.
- After finishing the countdown, the camera will capture your photo.
- Thus you will get a stable and clear photo of yourself in that frame.
1. Can I Use Third-party apps to Set Timer On iPhone Camera?
If you are unsatisfied with the iPhone’s built-in timer feature, you can use a third-party app to control the self-timer feature on your iPhone camera. There are several third-party apps available. These apps provide much more control and feature than iPhone’s built-in timer feature. The Halide manual camera app is the most popular for the set timer on iPhone devices. This app offers three, ten, and thirty seconds delay time to capture a photo. Apart from this app, other apps such as ProCam, and Lens Buddy are also excellent for setting self-timer on iPhone cameras.
2. Does the iPhone’s built-in Timer Work for Video Recording?
The answer is no. Unfortunately, there is no option to use the timer for video recording. The timer feature is only applicable for capturing photos. You must use a third-party app to set the timer on video recording. There are plenty of third-party apps available.
3. Does the Timer feature work on Portrait Mode?
Yes, the iPhone includes a self-timer feature that works in photo and portrait modes. It has a maximum delay option of just ten seconds.