RIL chairman Mukesh Ambani recently announced Jio Happy New Year Offer where Jio will provide free 4G Internet, free calls & SMS till the 31st March of 2017. You can call this Jio Welcome Offer 2 also. After hearing about this new offer, people are very interested to get new Jio connection. That’s why we are sharing how you can port your old SIM to Reliance Jio 4G SIM (Jio Portability Process).
But before telling the Jio portability process, let’s have a look at the Jio Happy New Year Offer benefits – You will get high-speed 4G data again along with free calls & SMS. If you port your sim to Jio now, you’ll get the welcome offer till the end of 2016 and after that from 1st January to 31st March Jio’s Happy New Year Offer will be automatically provided to your number.
But instead of 4GB data, you’ll get only 1GB 4G data per day in the new jio happy new year offer. And free voice calls & SMS will be almost same like the welcome offer. So, we can tell that porting your old sim to Jio is not a bad idea to get Happy New Year Offer till 31st Mar’17. Now let’s see the jio portability process.
Jio Portability Process: Port Your Old SIM to Reliance Jio
1) At first, you have to generate an 8 digit porting code which is also known as UPC.
2) To get your UPC, type SMS <PORT><Space><Your ten digit mobile number> & send the message to 1900.
3) After some time you’ll get a message containing your unique porting code.
4) Now go to any Reliance Digital Store with your UPC code.
5) Give all the required documents including ID Proof, Last Bill copy, 1 passport size photograph to the store.
6) Fill up the form given from the store and submit that.
7) Your MNP request will be processed within 1 day.
You’re all done! Within one day your Reliance Jio SIM will be activated with your old number & you’ll get Jio Welcome Offer until the end of 2016. From 2017, Jio Happy New Year Offer will be automatically activated to your Jio SIM.
Hope this article will help you to port your old sim to new Reliance Jio 4G sim. If you have any query about the Jio Portability Process, then simply leave a comment below. And don’t forget to like our Facebook page to get various free recharge tricks, cash back offers & shopping deals from us directly into your news feed. Subscribe to our push notifications also to get latest updates instantly into your browser.