Google camera app is probably the best camera app for an android device out there. Over the last few months, we have seen a great increase in the number of devices compatible with the pixel’s camera app. This increasing number of devices list now also includes the latest flagship killer Redmi K20 Pro.
Redmi K20 Pro Google Camera App
Google Camera (Gcam) app is well known for its HDR+ mode, night sight mode, AR stickers, and so on but it was initially only available for pixel devices. However, now many developers are trying to and able to port this new camera app onto a non-pixel device. So here we now have the Google camera for the Redmi K20 Pro ported by XDA forum senior member sannn111ty. Yes, it is a newly developed port so there a few noticeable bugs, but most of the google camera app features are functional. So with a little bit of compromise, we can get the best of the Redmi K20 Pro cameras.
Google Camera 6.2.030
This version of google camera just came out in May earlier this year. It comes with the latest Night Side mode, time-lapse mode, and to see this implemented on the Redmi K20 Pro so soon is a job well done by the developers. Since this is not a pixel device, so obviously there will be a few bugs here and there but all most all of the features of this app provide noteworthy results.
How to Download Redmi K20 Pro Gcam App & Install it Successfully?
1. Download the Google App .apk file on your device by visiting this link and store it in your internal storage.
2. Allow install from unknown sources in your settings to enable installation of this .apk file. To do so,
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Tap on the “Apps and Notifications” section.
- If you have downloaded the apk on Chrome, Firefox, any other app or if you have downloaded it elsewhere and moved it into your storage, depending on that, choose the app from the list that appears.
- There you will see a tab saying “Install Unknown Apps”.
- Tap on that and then enable ” Allow from this source”.
3. After this, you just need to head over to the location where the .apk is stored and install it onto your device.
4. After successful installation just directly open the app and allow all permissions, and you are good to go.
Please note, as it a beta version of Gcam port for K20 Pro, some features don’t work properly like Telephoto lens (with HDR+ ON) and Slow Motion. We will update this article once the stable version is developed.