The South Korean Company Samsung reigns in the Android realm regarding providing updates to their devices. They have made significant progress over the past few years with their update frequency throughout the entire device lineup. They certainly perform better as far as updates go. The company is working hard for the new One UI 5.0 based on Android 13. Still, they are providing updates to their old devices. Recently, according to GalaxyClub, Samsung has been found to give updates to their ancient devices like the S5 Neo and the Galaxy A7 of the year 2015 and 2016, respectively.
The Galaxy Unpacked event took place on August 26, 2022, when Samsung launched their high-end flagship smartphones like the Galaxy Z Fold 4 5G and the Galaxy Z Flip 4 5G, with the software version One UI 4.1.1 out of the box. And now, Samsung will provide this update to most of their smartphones. The Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G (launched on February 14, 2020), and the Galaxy Z Fold 2 (launched on September 1, 2020) are surprisingly part of the update.
Samsung has started rolling out the update One UI 4.1.1 to its eligible devices and, with the same update, providing Android 12L to big-screen devices like Z Fold 2. The update will probably flow in the reverse chronological order following Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G, and so on. The Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, and the Galaxy Z Fold 2 are now receiving the One UI 4.1.1 update.
The features which are loaded with the updated version One UI 4.1.1 are like:
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR): Samsung has added this feature with the update. You can extract and capture live text from images using a Samsung Keyboard. You can also use the Samsung Keyboard to enter Kaomoji (Japanese Emoticons) and rearrange expression buttons like emojis, stickers, etc.
- PC-Style Touch Control: Able to be used when the devices are in Flex mode.
- New gestures and enhanced Samsung Keyboard.
- It shows the applications’ names in Samsung’s exclusive Edge Panel.
- Nonidentical call background for each contact.
Android 12L version of the update comprises some superb integration of software, and the features are as follows:
- The new taskbar: With the taskbar integration by the update, you can navigate via different applications without lag. Also, the split screen functionality has improved with the taskbar usage. You can drag any application from the taskbar and will be able to use it in split screens or floating windows.
- Swipe for pop-up view: Swipe from the corner, and you can substitute any currently running application into the floating window.
- Swipe for split screen: With the help of two fingers on a running application, swipe from either side to enable the feature. Also, you can put it in any position, whether it is vertically or horizontally.
- Launching two applications simultaneously is also an excellent feature of the update.
Not just this, they are also renewing the security patch for the Galaxy Z Flip, Z Flip 5G, and the Galaxy Z Fold 2 by providing the latest September security patch, lowering the risk of critical vulnerabilities.
A while back, Samsung announced that this month’s security update would fix over 50 critical jeopardies. So you should update your device as the notification for the same prompts.