Suppose you have a Windows PC running the Windows 11 or Windows 10 operating system. In that case, there is a good possibility that it has a program or driver called Nahimic Companion installed. Many computers are getting the companion installed when drivers update, and many PCs are receiving them out of the box.
Many people assume it is a virus that has inadvertently entered their machine. However, it isn’t a virus or malware. Therefore, the answer is no. You might be shocked to learn that it’s nothing more than an audio experience-enhancing application that works in conjunction with regular Microsoft audio drivers to enhance your audio experience. First of all, let’s learn about it in detail.
What is Nahimic Companion?
The Nahimic Companion is used by several laptop and computer OEMs such as Asus, MSI, and DELL, as well as motherboard OEMs such as AORUS, Gigabyte, and Thunderbolt. Many manufacturers are considering implementing the companion since it improves the entire audio experience.
The Nahimic Companion supports up to 7.1 audio channels, and several headphones may be used by setting them in the app. It fine-tunes the 3D surround sound technology even further, and you take control of the audio by customizing it to your preferences.
Additionally, the user has control over how the audio output via HDMI, Bluetooth, and the 3.5mm jack should behave, as well as the ability to regulate the audio output of each separately. Well, if you think it’s really suspicious and doesn’t have the companion to be installed on your device, Here’s how you can uninstall the Nahimic Companion.
How to Remove/Uninstall Nahimic Companion?
You can remove the Nahimic Companion by following the instructions below. Many users think that the Microsoft Audio Driver is sufficient and that most well-known audio companies provide their own drivers to enhance their audio experience. So, here is a step-by-step guide on uninstalling the Nahimic Companion from your Windows PC.
- The best and simplest approach for uninstalling Nahimic Companion is to use the Settings menu. To begin, open the Windows Settings app, then navigate to the Apps and Features area, where you will see a search box where you may type Nahimic.
- The Nahimic Companion app will now appear as a search result, or you can manually search for it by scrolling down.
- You’ll see an Uninstall option underneath the Nahimic application as soon as you discover it. When you click the uninstall option, the Nahimic application will be removed from your smartphone in a matter of seconds.
- Now restart your Windows PC, and the Nahimic Companion application will be effectively removed, and you will no longer locate it on your device.
Fix: Nahimic Companion Keeps Reinstalling
If you’ve uninstalled/removed the Nahimic companion app but it’s still running, don’t panic; apps can sometimes appear and continue even after uninstalling. In that scenario, Nahimic Companion and its services can be turned off. Here’s how to go about it. Follow the steps below to disable the services and the Nahimic Companion itself.
- To begin, open the start menu and search for System Configurations; as soon as it appears, open it.
- Now, System configurations will open, and there you will get five sections, namely General, Boot, Services, Startup, and Tools.
- Navigate to the Service section. There, you can see multiple checkboxes. Untick the one with Nahimic Companion and click on the OK or Apply button. Now you are all good to go.
Additionally, the Companion program may reinstall itself due to a driver update. We couldn’t help you there. However, you may remove it by following the instructions above again.
Having that said, what do you think about the Nahimic Companion application? Do you think it is suspicious? Do let us know by dropping a comment in your words below.