Previously we used to pay even Rs 300 for 1GB of data for an entire month. But now, we are consuming multiple GBs each day. All because of Reliance Jio’s affordable data plans. They didn’t only focus on 4G mobile users, they also introduced JioFi device for non-4G handset users. But to use a JioFi properly, you must know about the JioFi.Local.Html portal where you can do JioFi Login, change your SSID & password, reset your device and upgrade firmware to the latest version. So, without any further due, let’s get started!
What Is JioFi Device?
As all of you already know, Jio is a 4G only network. So, no one who does not own a 4G enabled handset could use Jio sim and thus use the Jio 4G network. But in our large country, tons of users do not own a 4G handset or use a computer or other device to access the internet.
For those, Reliance Jio introduced the JioFi device. Non-4G users can now buy a JioFi device at dirt cheap from online at around Rs 999 and insert a Jio Sim in it and create a hotspot. Then users can connect their own non-4G devices to JioFi through the Wifi network and access to the internet, watch online content, listen to music at high speed by staying on the Jio 4G network.
What Is JioFi.Local.Html Portal?
JioFi does not come with a screen in it. Though it comes with several OLED icons. But that’s not enough to change all its settings. So, with JioFi.Local.Html, you can easily do JioFi login and access the settings page and tweak the important information such as change SSID, password and many more other stuff.
As you login to the JioFi.Local.Html for the first time after buying a brand new JioFi router, you won’t have any password that you set previously to the device. So, to login to your settings portal for the first time, you need to enter the default login credentials and then you would be able to change the settings according to your requirements. Both the default username and password for any JioFi device that comes from the factory is “administrator”.
How to Change JioFi Password & SSID?
- First of all, take your phone or any device you are using with your JioFi and connect it to the wifi network.
- Then open any web browser on your device.
- Click on the address bar of the browser and type in “jiofi.local.html” and hit enter.
- As soon as you hit the enter button, you will land on to the login page.
- Now if you are doing it for the first time and you did not change the default username and password before, then type as “administrator” in both the field as I mentioned earlier.
- Then click on the Login button, now you are logged in to the settings page.
- One thing I should mention here is that data in this page does not update without refreshing the whole page, so when you are on the settings page (logged in or not) you will see that the page is refreshing automatically and the data is getting updated. So don’t panic or think it’s malfunctioning. It’s normal. That’s how it operates.
- Now after logging in, it will immediately ask you if you want to change the default password or not. Select ‘Cancel’ there.
- Now navigate to “Network” tab > Wi-Fi Configuration > Network Name (SSID) – Enter your desired Wifi Network name here > Password – type your desired password here.
- Finally click on the “Save” button and your settings have been changed. As soon as you click on the save button, the JioFi will automatically restart to make your changes effective.
- Now you need to forget your Wifi network from all the connected device and connect again with the new password you just set.
- That’s it; You have successfully changed your JioFi SSID and password.
How to change web configuration utility access credentials?
- You need to go to the User Management section.
- Now click on Account Management to update login credentials.
- There you can enter a new username and password.
- Finally, click on the Save button to confirm it.
How to Reset JioFi?
Resetting your JioFi device is very easy. Follow the steps below:
- First of all, open the battery cover so that you can see the backside of your JioFi device.
- Turn the JioFi on and look in the backside, in the top-right section, there is a small hole in it.
- You just need to take a pin, a SIM ejector tool may also work.
- Put the pin inside the tiny hole and push a little bit, you will feel like there’s a button inside the whole.
- Soon the device will restart and it will be in the default state and you have successfully reset the JioFi device. That’s it.
Upgrade JioFi Firmware to Latest Version?
- Login to the JioFi.Local.Html page.
- Download the latest software image for JioFi from the internet.
- Navigate to the User Management > Software Upgrade > Browse – select the Software image > Upgrade.
- That’s it; Your JioFi’s firmware is now upgraded successfully.
You can opt Jio Giga Fiber and Jio Giga TV service to enjoy high-speed internet connection as well as HD channels. Also, if you are looking for a cheapest 4G smartphone then Jio’s upcoming Jio Phone 3 along with its tariff plans will be the great option.