After Jio’s entry into the fin-tech market through Jio Money merchant Payment Solution, Now the company is going to soon launch its PoS Device for Merchant community across India which will probably be known as Jio Prime Partner. Mukesh Ambani Led Reliance Jio turned profitable within 15 months of its launch. Now they are the third-largest telecom player in India with more than 200 million subscribers. Jio aims to build a digital retail ecosystem by launching “Prime Partner” for Merchants.
Jio Prime Partner Merchant
As we all know PoS (Point Of Sale) is an electronic device for merchants which help them to collect payments from customers using various digital payment methods mainly card payment. Jio Prime Partner is also a PoS machine that comes with different digital payment option such as BHIM UPI, Wallets etc. To become a Prime Merchant, you must have your bank accounts and all necessary documents.
A merchant has to deposit security money of Rs.3,000 to opt the PoS Terminal initially. You will also receive 56 days of the complimentary welcome pack. Post the ending of the complimentary pack; the amount will be refunded or adjusted.
Jio PoS Machine Features
With the PoS Machine, you will get a Pre Installed “Jio Prime Partner App” that will help you to manage billings. The device comes with 4G connectivity, Tap & Pay features, Thermal bill Printer, 2D/3D barcode scanner, long-lasting battery life. As of now, it accepts card payments along with BHIM UPI, Jio Money Wallet etc.
Required Documents to Apply for Prime Partner Merchant
- Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhar card/ Driver’s License (Expect MH Issued).
- Trade License/ Registration Certification/ Business License issued by Government.
- Bank PassPort Copy/ Cancelled Cheque/ Bank verified Letter.
- Trust HUF deed/ Registered partnership/ Incorporation Certificate etc. (as applicable).
- You need two photographs of all authorised signatories.
Charges & Fees
It is expected Jio will offer very less or free processing charges so that small and medium-sized merchants can adopt PoS device and grow their business digitally. As per sources,
- Merchant will be charged at 1.2% for a credit card transaction.
- You don’t have to pay any charges for debit card transaction value less than or equal to Rs.2000 and for more than Rs.2000 you will be charged at 0.4%.
Offer Supermarket Type Promotions
With Jio Prime Partner, Merchants can accept payments digitally from customers. Even, they can offer coupons like the supermarket to their customer to provide discounts. Customers have to give a missed call on 18008953333 to get the coupon details, and to avail benefits, they have to visit nearest Jio’s Partner Store.
Jio Prime Partner Registration
- First of all, visit the online registration page from here
- Provide the name, address details, shop name etc.
- Choose the preferred date & submit.
- Go to the Jio Center with required documents.
- Pay the security deposit and get Jio PoS Machine.
- Dial 1800-896-2000 for more details.
Login on Prime Partner App
- You need to open your Partner App available on the PoS terminal.
- Enter login credential provided by Jio after successful registration.
- You will access the merchant dashboard where you can manage billings.