After creating a storm with its cheap internet services, Reliance Jio launched its fiber-based fixed-line broadband services which will provide internet services at upto 1Gbps speed. Its registration has also started, you can start registering your interest for Jio Giga Fiber connection by visiting both MyJio app and Jio’s official website. Apart from Giga Router, the company will also provide a 4K SET-TOP BOX that can stream 600 channels with the help of Fiber connection. Now to configure the Router, you will need Jio Fiber Login details. So here we will discuss the login IP address and the default username/ password so that you can easily access the admin interface of the Router. We will also discuss how you can change the password and SSID of your Router.
What is Jio Giga Fiber Router?
The Giga Fiber router can be used for running internet services on multiple devices at upto 1Gbps speed. It provides “wall-to-wall high-speed Wi-Fi coverage”, and also power’s the Jio’s Giga TV and Smart Home solutions which includes accessories such as Video/ Audio dongle, Smart speaker/ plug, Wi-Fi extender, Security camera, TV camera and more. Currently, you can get a Fiber Router by paying a security deposit of either Rs 1500 or Rs 2500. If you opt Fiber by paying Rs 2500 then you will also get 4K SET-TOP BOX and free 10 OTT app subscription for one month.
Jio Giga Fiber Router Login Details
Unlike every router, Giga Router has an internal website/ IP address which is used to make configuration changes. And to access the user interface of the router through this IP a User Name and Password is required.
Why Should You Change the Giga Router Password?
The default password for a router is well-known to hackers and are also available on the internet. So using the default password, any attacker or individual who comes within signal range of an unsecured router can access the admin page of your router. And you know once hacker access they can change the password, locking router, hijacking the network etc. So you should change the default password of Jio Fiber Router. A weak password like “987654” does not help. So always choose a strong password that is difficult for others to guess.
How to Change Password & SSID of Jio Giga Fiber Router?
- Turn on PC/ Laptop & make sure you connected to your Giga Fiber Router.
- Type 192.168.29.1 in the browser to log in to web configuration utility.
- Enter ‘admin‘ as username and ‘Jiocentrum‘ as a password.
- Create a new password (Example: dealNtech123@) and click on save button.
- Once credentials are updated successfully, you need to re-login with the new password.
- Now you will be taken to the router admin homepage where you will see 6 options: Dashboard, Status, Network, Security, Administration & Advanced.
- On the left menu, click on Network > Wireless.
- Now go to the Profiles tab> Right-click on SSID or Wifi Name you want to change and then click on Edit.
- Click on “OK” to ignore the warning i.e. “existing wireless clients will be disturbed if any modifications are done to profile”.
- Now change or reset SSID (Name of the network created by the device) & password as per your choice.
- Click on the “Save” button to update your new network details.
You can also watch Gyan’s Quick Solution Youtube channel video for complete details.
Alternatively, you can use MyJio app and Self-care option on Jio.com for Jio Giga Fiber Router Login. You just have to link the router using your registered mobile number or service ID. After that, you can easily manage your router like changing the SSID, password etc.
Steps to Change Wifi Password via MyJio
- Open MyJio App and log in your account.
- Select Jio Fiber Account> Menu> Settings.
- Now you have to select device settings and then go to My Device section.
- Wait for a few seconds, your Router details will appear on your screen.
- On the top right corner, click on advanced settings option.
- Under the Personal section, choose the wifi name.
- Click on SSID to change your user ID.
- There you can also change the password.