Apple just released iOS 15.4.1 which all of the users were eagerly waiting for. iOS 15.4.1 is a minor update over iOS 15.4. Apple also released iPadOS 15.4.1, tvOS 15.4.1, macOS 12.3.1, and watchOS 8.5.1 updates alongside iOS 15.4.1. This update fixes a lot of the issues users were facing with iOS 15.4. iOS 15.4 brought with it many features, including Face ID with a mask on and a filtering option in the Podcasts app. It also brought new emojis to the table.
iOS 15.4.1 Bug Fixes
However, with the introduction of new features, come to a lot of bugs and glitches. Several users reported battery drain issues on their iPhones after updating to iOS 15.4, specifically iPhone 12 and iPhone 13. This has now been fixed with iOS 15.4.1. Here are the release notes for iOS 15.4.1 from Apple:
- The battery may drain more quickly than expected after updating to iOS/iPadOS 15.4.
- Braille devices may become unresponsive while navigating text or displaying an alert.
- Made for iPhone/iPad hearing devices may lose connection within some third-party apps.
Download iOS 15.4.1
iOS 15.4.1 is available for all eligible devices with iOS 15.4. In other words, it is available for iPhone 6s and newer iPhones. It is available to download over the air in the settings app. To download and install iOS 15.4.1 on your iPhone, follow these simple steps:
- Go to settings.
- Click on general.
- Click on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install button.
- Wait for it to install and enjoy the update!
Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a charger during the process. This ensures that your iPhone is safe from getting bricked or damaged in case of a power loss.
iOS 15.4.1 Problems
We will include all user-reported iOS 15.4.1 problems here. Users have not reported problems so far.
Users have reported several iOS 15.4 problems which include:
- Storage space decreased.
- Rapid battery drain issue
- Heating and call failure issues.
- The notification center is not displaying properly.
- The wide and telephoto lens’ does not switch when in photo/video mode.
- Photostream isn’t working with HEIF.
Apple finally fixed the bugs and battery draining issue with iOS 15.4.1. Apple also said that they fixed Made for iPhone/iPad Braille devices and hearing devices. Some privacy improvements are also said to be included in the update. We highly recommend you install the update right away.
iOS 15.4 might be the last major update of iOS 15. We are also expecting iOS 15.5 before we start seeing the iOS 16 beta. iOS 15.5, however, might not be a major update like iOS 15.4. Apple is also expected to announce the WWDC 2022 event dates very soon.