Recently, Google released its latest Android 13 operating system on all compatible devices. Android 13 update brings lots of new exciting features this time. A new version always comes with new features. But the problem is that a new version always brings some bugs or glitches. Nothing different with the Android 13 update. We all know with a new update, new problems will arrive.
Several Android users have reported that they have been facing battery drain issues after updating their devices to Android 13. They have said that their phone batteries are draining even faster than before. There could be several reasons. If you are also facing the same problem, don’t worry. Here, we will discuss how you can easily fix the battery drain problem on your device.
6 Ways to Fix Battery Drain Problem on Android 13
- Reboot your Device.
- Close all Active Apps.
- Restrict the Culprit Apps.
- Reset Network Settings.
- Check for Updates.
- Perform Factory Reset.
1. Reboot your Device
This is the first and essential thing you should try on your device. Rebooting your device generally fixes some minor issues, including rapid battery drainage. It will also close all running apps on your device’s background. Follow the steps to reboot your device.
- Go to the Home Screen of your phone.
- Press and Hold the power button on your phone for 5 seconds.
- Then, you will see the Reboot/Restart button on the screen.
- Click on Reboot.
- After restarting the device, check your battery performance.
2. Close all Active Apps
Some apps consume lots of batteries from your phone. We need to close the apps which run in the background. The good thing is that Android 13 offers a feature for determining which active apps run in the phone’s background. With the help of this feature, you can decide which apps are running in the background and consuming more battery. Find the unused apps and close them all. It will improve your battery performance for sure.
3. Restrict the Culprit Apps
Restricting the apps causing the battery issue problem might solve the problem. First, find which apps are responsible for the battery drain problem on your device. After that, you can restrict them easily.
- Go to the App menu on your phone.
- Head to the Settings.
- Click on battery and go to Battery usage.
- Check which apps are constantly draining your battery.
- Now, find those culprit apps from the App menu.
- Long press on that app to open the app info menu.
- Then, go to the Battery option.
- Now, tik on the Restricted option.
4. Reset Network Settings
You may face battery drain problems due to some wrong network settings. Outdated network settings can consume lots of battery on your Android 13 device. So, reset your network settings once and check your battery drain issue.
- Go to the Settings App.
- Open System.
- Click on Reset options and tap “Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.”
- Confirm it, and done.
5. Check for Updates
This is another excellent way to fix your battery drain problem on your Android phone. Check if your device gets a new update, as new updates fix bugs or glitches. If a new update is available, install the update. Installing new updates might fix the battery drain problem on your Android device. Follow the steps below.
- Open Settings App.
- Go to About Phone.
- Check whether an update is available or not.
- If available, then download and install it.
6. Perform Factory Reset
This is our last way to fix the battery drain problem on your Android device. If all the above solutions do not work, you should perform a factory reset on your device. However, make sure you do backup your important files. Because during the factory reset, all data will be erased from your device. Perform Factory Reset on your phone by following the given steps below.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Open Reset option.
- Click on the “Erase all data” option.
- Then, authenticate your confirmation by entering your device PIN.
- Once done with all processes, your battery drain problem should be fixed.
Battery drain problem is common in Android 13 devices, as many users have reported the issue. However, we have suggested some effective solutions here. We hope our solutions will help you eliminate the battery drain problem on your Android device. If none work, we recommend you take your device to the service center. That’s all for today. If you have any queries regarding this problem, please ask in the comment section below.