Last year, Samsung launched Galaxy A12 smartphone in the Galaxy A series as an affordable smartphone. Now the company is gearing up to launch a new variant of Galaxy A12. The handset has already appeared on Samsung’s support page with the model number SM-A127F hinting its launch is around the corner.
Samsung tends to use both Snapdragon Processor and Exynos Processor in its S series phones. Now it looks Samsung will bring chipset variants under its A-series as well.
As per our source, the new variant of Galaxy A12 will be equipped with Exynos 850 Octa-Core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 + 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) 8nm processor with Mali-G52 GPU. The Galaxy A12 was debuted in Europe in November 2020 with MediaTek Helio P35 SoC paired with up to 6GB of RAM and up to 128GB of storage. And now the company will bring Exynos 850 powered Galaxy A12 (SM-A127F) in the market. The Helio G35 chip is built using TSMC’s 12nm fabrication process while the Exynos 850 chip is manufactured on Samsung’s 8nm LPP process technology. So we see Exynos 850 SoC is more power-efficient compared to Helio G35.
The rest of the specifications as well as its design will remain the same as the old A12 (SM-A125F). So, it could be called Galaxy A12 (as it is just a chipset variant) instead of rumoured Galaxy A12s. Even a recent Bluetooth SIG listing and early retail listing via GizPie suggest the same. We can’t confirm the moniker at present.
As per a report by GizPie the upcoming Galaxy A12 (SM-A127F) has been listed on the European retailer website. The listing reveals that the Galaxy A12 (SM-A127F) could be priced at €157.90, possibly for the 3GB+32GB variant.
Samsung Galaxy A12 (SM-A127F) Specifications
- 6.5-inch HD+ Infinity-V display (1600 × 720 pixels)
- 5000mAh battery with support for 15W adaptive fast charging
- Exynos 850 8nm processor with Mali-G52 GPU
- 3GB+32GB, 4GB+64GB, 4GB+128GB (expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card)
- Android 11 with Samsung One UI
- Rear camera: 48MP with f/2.0 aperture + 5MP ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture + 2MP depth camera with f/2.4 aperture + 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 8MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Blue, White and Black colour options