ChatGPT has become a daily-use tool for many of us, primarily because of its usefulness. Although the current free version of ChatGPT is based on OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 model, we have stepped up to the next version, GPT-4. GPT-4 is OpenAI’s latest generative AI model that can take an image and text prompts up to 25,000 words. Yeah, that is exciting.
However, GPT-4 is not available for free, unlike the previous GPT models. You can access GPT-4 via ChatGPT, but still, you’ll have to subscribe to ChatGPT Plus. This will give you access to Chat GPT-4 and a whole new world of possibilities for what you can do with this model.
So, if you are willing to spend some bucks on the more advanced and better AI model, you might be wondering how to go about it. This article will explain how you can sign up for Chat GPT-4 and use it for your benefit. We also have some bonus tips if you read till the end. So, let’s delve into it.
Chat GPT-4: Signup and Login
As mentioned earlier, you must subscribe to ChatGPT Plus to access Chat GPT-4. There’s no other way to use GPT-4 on ChatGPT. The subscription will cost you $20 per month. So, if you are ready, follow these steps to sign up for Chat GPT-4:
- Go to OpenAI’s signup page for ChatGPT and signup or log in using your email address and phone number.
- Once you are in the free version of ChatGPT, click “Upgrade to Plus” from the left menu.”
- A small window will pop up, showing the brief details of ChatGPT Plus.
- Click on Upgrade Plan, and you will be directed to the payment page. Enter your payment details and billing address.
- Once done, click on all the checkboxes and click Subscribe. You will now be charged $20 monthly until you cancel your plan.
- Now, you can go back to the ChatGPT page and refresh. You should see the ChatGPT Plus watermark.
- Enter your prompts and see the creativity of the GPT-4 model.
Login: Alternatively, after subscribing to the ChatGPT Plus plan, you can visit the Chat GPT-4 Login page from here. Now log in with your OpenAI account to access GPT-4.
How to Use Chat GPT-4?
Once you have the ChatGPT Plus subscription, you can easily access GPT-4 from within ChatGPT. Select GPT-4 from the “Model” options and start using Chat GPT-4.
Moreover, you can select from the previous models and GPT-4 when initiating a new conversation. Given the significant difference in speed between GPT-4 and older generations, OpenAI recommends users bear that in mind. To give you a better understanding of which model you’re currently using, a green OpenAI logo will appear on GPT-3 outputs. In contrast, a black OpenAI logo will appear on GPT-4 outputs.
How to Cancel ChatGPT Plus Subscription?
If you are not satisfied with the results of Chat GPT-4 or you don’t think it’s worth it, you can always choose to cancel your subscription. Here’s how:
- Go to OpenAI’s signup page for ChatGPT and log in using your email address (the one you used to sign up for the subscription).
- Once on the ChatGPT page, click ” My Plan ” from the left menu.”
- A small window will appear; click “Manage my subscription.”
- On the next page, click on “Cancel Plan.”
- Once the current month has ended, your ChatGPT Plus subscription will be cancelled, and you will not be charged anymore.
It is important to note that the subscription fee is not refundable, and you can continue to use ChatGPT Plus until the current month has ended.
Can I Use Chat GPT-4 For Free?
The free version of ChatGPT does not currently support GPT-4. Is this to say you cannot use the GPT-4 model for free? Certainly not. Several other AI chatbots that use the GPT-4 model are already accessible for free.
So, alternative options to experiment with GPT-4 without purchasing a subscription are available. Check out our article on how to get free access to the Chat GPT-4 model.
Chat GPT-4 has massive potential for users seeking advanced AI capabilities. Subscribing to ChatGPT Plus unlocks the power of GPT-4, which allows you to get even better generative content. OpenAI is also reportedly working on the GPT-5 model, which will improve even more over the current GPT-4 model. We hope this article has helped you sign up and use Chat GPT-4. If you have any further questions, let us know.