An Android emulator is a software program that enables users to run Android games on PC (Windows & Mac). Not only games, but Android Emulators also act as a platform to test different Android Applications on PC which helps the developers to spot any error. There are many emulators available on the internet and hence people get confused which one should they download. Hence, we have prepared this list of 8 Best Android Emulators in 2020 which will meet your needs. The Android Emulators we have picked in this article are free of cost and gives the best gaming experience plus easy app testing feature for developers.
List of Best Android Emulators for PC and Mac
- Remix OS Player
- MEmu Play
- Nox Player
Bluestacks is the most popular Android Emulator of all time. The initial version of Bluestacks software was launched in October 2011. And since then, the company has released four different and progressed version of its software. The Bluestacks Emulator is popularly known for its smooth gameplay optimization and target mainly the mobile gamers. The emulator is extremely easy to set up and also delivers the best performance. The best part of Bluestacks emulator is, it is compatible with both Intel and AMD windows hardware. The Bluestacks Version 4 which is the current version of the company is based on Android 7(Nougat). The company claims that it will bring the Bluestacks Version 5 soon to the market which will be more refined than the Version 4. It will be based on Android Oreo. The company has also developed the MSI App Player which is similar to the Vanilla Bluestacks emulator.
Main features of the Bluestacks
- Customizable gaming controls, PC like gameplay(using keyboard and mouse), easy import and export of game settings with friends.
- Allows users to play multiple games at the same time or to play the same game from different Bluestacks accounts.
- Bluestacks helps to translate the Android games on PC in your local language in real-time. Hence there are no language barriers.
2. Remix OS Player
Our next pick up in the list is the Remix OS Player. The Remix OS Player is the most stable Android Emulator out there. The emulator got popular due to its smooth user interface. It is newer than the other Emulator in the list and is based on Android 6 Marshmallow. The company also claims that the Remix OS Player is capable of running multiple Android apps simultaneously. The emulator is extremely good for productivity apps.
Main features of the Remix OS Player
- The installation process is very simple and gives an entire Android experience on the desktop.
- Gives the experience to enjoy multiples games at the same time.
- Customizable toolbar, key mapping, native Google Play support.
- Manual settings for signal strength, network type, location, battery.
ARChon is less of an emulator but it is more of a Google Chrome extension. Installing ARChon as a Chrome extension gives Chrome to run Android apps and games. The best part of ARChon is, it is compatible with all kind of Operating System whether it be Windows, Mac OS, Linux. The ARChon Android emulator is not for hardcore gaming but it is the best software to get Android Apps on PC.
Main highlights of the ARChon
- Gives easy access to Android Apps in the PC.
- Easy to install since it is only an extension to Google Chrome.
- Once installed to the Chrome Browser, it becomes an invisible service that runs in the background every time the Android Apps are loaded.
GameLoop is the most downloaded Android emulator with over 126 Million downloads to date. Previously known as Tencent Gaming Buddy, the emulator is for heavy Mobile gamers. The GameLoop Android Emulator has topped the list after the popular Call Of Duty Mobile game has merged with the emulator. Before COD mobile, the emulator supports PUBG mobile and a bunch of games from Tencent. GameLoop lacks the support of the other Android Apps since it is truly based on Android Gaming. It will not be wrong to say that GameLoop is the best emulator for a smooth Android Gaming experience.
Main features of the GameLoop
- Free installations and very easy to setup.
- Great optimization of Gameplay even on low-end PCs and delivers high-quality graphics.
- Customizable smart keyboard with the key mapping of your choice.
- Support multiple languages avoiding language barriers.
- Added anti-cheat features to give users fair gameplay.
5. MEmu Play
MEmu Play is a new Android Emulator launched in 2015. Since then, the emulator has gained lots of popularity due to its versatility. The MEmu emulator is developed mainly for Android gaming. Talking about the versatility of the MEmu Android Emulator, its works on both AMD and Intel processor without any issue. Moreover, the emulator supports different version of Android like Android Jelly Bean, Kit Kat and Lollipop. MEmu emulator is useful for Android Gamers as well as Productivity apps developers. The latest update was in November 2019.
Main features of the MEmu Play
- Easy Customization and key mapping.
- Passing through sensor data to Android to play games like car-racing etc.
- Simulation of GPS location.
- Sharing of files is easy between Windows and Android.
- One-click Android system creation and deleting. And can also run multiple Android Apps.
6. Nox Player
Nox Player Android Emulator supports both in Windows PC and Mac. Along with Android Gaming, the Nox player does come with a lot of features. The Nox Emulator supports controller compatibility, ability to change the build properties, mapping shortcuts etc. The emulator is based on Android 5(Lollipop) and can run multiple Android Version with its Multi-Drive feature.
Main features of the Nox Player
- Can specify the CPU and RAM uses in settings
- Easy to get root access proving it better than the Bluestacks Emulator on this point.
- Gameplay optimization and user-friendly interface.
- Allow users to map keys of keyboard, mouse and gamepad. Keyboard keys can be mapped for gestures, for instance, mapping shortcuts or for swiping right.
LDPlayer Emulator is mainly customized for Windows 10 OS. LDPlayer gains its popularity due to its flawless performance. The emulator performs well on AMD as well as Intel processor. LDPlayer supports a wide range of games such as COD Mobile, PUBG Mobile, Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars and Black Desert Mobile. LDPlayer Emulator is based on Android 7(Nougat). One plus point of this emulator is, it doesn’t have too many ads.
Main features of the LDPlayer
- High-speed loading of Android games on PC.
- True Multi-tasking.
- Battery draining is minimal and no overheating issue.
- Faster processing power with no lags and crashes during gameplay.
PrimeOS can be used for gaming purposes as well as Apps productivity. Though the Emulator is not for heavy games as lags and crashes have been reported previously. The PrimeOS Android Emulator is easy to install and can handle multi-task very well. The emulator is very similar to ChromeOS as the user interface is smooth and loaded with full Android support.
Main features of the PrimeOS
- Multi-window support to give desktop-like experience.
- Smooth User Interface and gaming experience.
- Taskbar with the ability to pin apps, show notification and system icons.