Finally, the 5G network has launched in India. Prime Minister Modi officially introduced 5G network services in the country during the 6th (IMWC) India Mobile World Congress 2022 in Delhi. It’s been only two weeks since the release of 5G services in India, and all major telecom companies are working on rolling out their 5G network services across the country. Airtel and Jio have already started 5G services in India. Vi also is following these two telecom giants as well. This article will discuss how you can activate your 5G network.
If you are a Jio and Airtel user, you will be able to use the 5G network very early. Reliance Jio has already launched its 5G services on an invite basis in four cities in India: Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, and Varanasi. On the other hand, Airtel also started its 5G network services in India. Airtel 5G services have been launched in eight cities: Delhi, Nagpur, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Siliguri, and Varanasi. More cities will be added to the list in the coming months. If you belong to any mentioned cities, you can access 5G services easily. Below, we will guide how to do it.
Activate Jio, Airtel & Vi 5G Services on Your Smartphone
Here, we will describe the steps to enable 5G network services on your phone. Follow our given guidelines below. Before that, make sure that you belong to the area where 5G services are available now and that your device is compatible with the 5G network.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to Wi-Fi and Network (The menu might be different on other smartphones).
- After that, go to the prefered network type option.
- Open the option and choose “5G/4G/3G/2G”.
- After waiting some time, the 5G network should be activated on your smartphone.
- Go to the Settings.
- Navigate to Cellular>Cellular Data Options.
- Now, head to “Voice & Data” and select the “5G Auto” or “5G On” option.
- “5G Auto” will enable 5G when the network provides better speeds than 4G, and “5G On” means that the iPhone will use the 5G network when available.
- Once done with all processes, restart your iPhone device.
- The 5G network should be enabled on your iPhone.
How to Know if Your Device Supports 5G or Not?
To use 5G services on your phone, you must ensure that your device is compatible with 5G services. Almost all premium smartphones released in 2022 support 5G services. Anyway, if you don’t know if your smartphone supports 5G services or not, there is nothing to worry about. By following these given steps below, you will get to know if your device is compatible with 5G network services or not.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to “Wi-Fi and Network”.
- Tap on “SIMs” or “SIM and Network”.
- Now, check the preferred network type.
- If you see 5G in this menu, your phone supports 5G network services.
Do You Need a New 5G SIM to Use 5G services?
The answer is no. You can use 5G services on your SIM card, which currently supports 4G network services. Telecom company Jio states that Jio users do not need to upgrade their 4G Jio SIM card to use Jio 5G services. Like Jio, Airtel also says that all current 4G SIM cards are already 5G enabled. So, if you use Jio and Airtel SIM cards, you do not need a new SIM card to experience 5G services.