Airtel Bank: Hello Reader! India first Payments Bank goes live. Airtel Payments Bank starts pilot services in Rajasthan Over 10,000 Airtel retail outlets in towns and villages across Rajasthan will function as banking points and offer banking services to customers, the Interest rate of 7.25% p.a. on savings account deposits. Will have a network of over 100,000 merchants (shops) across Rajasthan accepting digital payments from Airtel Bank, offering customers the convenience of cashless purchase of goods/services using their bank accounts/ wallets.
Airtel Bank the first payments bank in India to go LIVE, today said that over 10,000 customers opened savings accounts with it, within the first two days of the pilot going LIVE in Rajasthan. The majority of these accounts have been opened by customers in semi-urban and rural areas.
Airtel Bank offers basic banking services to customers by the vast retail network and taking basic banking services to the doorstep of customers via Airtel retailers. In Rajasthan, Bank has rolled out pilot services across 10,000 Airtel retail outlets, which also acts as banking points. Two-thirds of these banking points across Rajasthan are in rural areas. Airtel plans to have a network of 100,000 merchants across Rajasthan by the end of the year. All these merchants will accept digital payments via Bank using a mobile phone. Bharti Airtel will not charge any fee from merchants for this facility.
Airtel Bank is a fully digital and paperless bank. Airtel Banking points will offer bank account opening services and cash deposit & withdrawal facilities.
Table of Contents
- 1 About Airtel Bank
- 1.1 How To Open An Account In Airtel Bank
- 1.2 Recently Asked Question & Her Answer
- 126.96.36.199 Who can open an account with Airtel Bank? Does one need to be an Airtel customer?
- 188.8.131.52 How do I open an account with Airtel Bank? What documents do I require?
- 184.108.40.206 Does Airtel Bank offer ATM/Debit Card facility?
- 220.127.116.11 How does a customer check his/her account balance?
- 18.104.22.168 How can one transfer money from Airtel Bank to family and friends? Can I transfer money to any bank account in India?
About Airtel Bank
Airtel Bank Present Digital Banking Quick and paperless account opening using Aadhaar based e-KYC. This requires no documents at all, only the customer Aadhaar number is needed. Customer Airtel mobile number will be bank account number. Interest rate of 7.25 % p.a. on deposits in savings accounts, the highest in India. Money transfer to any bank account in India. Personal Accidental Insurance of Rs. 1 Lakh with every Savings Account. Easy deposit and withdrawal facility across a wide network of Airtel retail outlet.
How To Open An Account In Airtel Bank
- Any customer, including non-Airtel customers, can open a savings account by visiting an Airtel retail outlet.
- No documents are required, only the customer Aadhaar number is needed for opening an account.
- The account will be opened through a paperless process within minutes through Aadhaar based e-KYC authentication.
How To Access My Airtel Bank Services By Airtel Customers/Any Customers On Mobile Phones
- Firstly By Dialing USSD Number *400#; or via a simple by dialling 400.
- Non-Airtel customers can access services by dialling 8800688006.
- Customers can also visit any Airtel retail outlet to access services.
Recently Asked Question & Her Answer
Who can open an account with Airtel Bank? Does one need to be an Airtel customer?
Anyone (non-Airtel customers also) with an Aadhaar card can open a Savings Account.
How do I open an account with Airtel Bank? What documents do I require?
A Customer can open an account by visiting a designated Airtel retail outlet in his/her neighbourhood. No documents are required. Only the customer Aadhaar number is needed for opening an account. The account will be opened through a paperless process within minutes through Aadhaar based e-KYC authentication.
Does Airtel Bank offer ATM/Debit Card facility?
Bank does not offer ATM/Debit Card facility, at present. Customers can deposit withdraw cash at any of the Airtel retail outlets, which will also function as Airtel banking points.
How does a customer check his/her account balance?
Airtel Bank is a paperless bank. Customers can check their account balance, access other services using Airtel Money app, USSD or IVR over their mobile phones
How can one transfer money from Airtel Bank to family and friends? Can I transfer money to any bank account in India?
Customers can access money transfer services using the Airtel Money app or through USSD by dialling *400#. Money transfers from one Airtel number to another Airtel number within the bank will be free.